Sunday, December 13, 2009

holiday cheermister.

So maybe it's all this Christmas spirit, the fresh fallen snow, or Christmas decorations that have inspired me to write this post.. Or maybe it's simply that today I've realized a couple different things about this Christmas season that I haven't felt before.

Hospitality:
Christmas time seems to be full of it! Hence why it's one of my favorite times of the year. I'm just going to boast and brag for a second, so prepare yourself. But quite frankly, I have the BEST bishopric in Logan, UT. And anyone that knows Bishop Reed, Brother Hamilton, and Brother Vaughn can back me up 100%. I have never felt so much love and kindness than I have from these 3 men. They are incredible men of God. They go out of their way to make sure they shake your hand or compliment as many people as they can, give you a smile, or a weird semi-embarrassing smirk during sacrament meeting. These men are amazing!

Brother Vaughn invited my apartment over to his house for dinner tonight and let me tell you, it was BEYOND what I expected. (and I had some pretty high expectations) His house is beautiful and inviting. His wife, his wife is one of the most personal people I've ever met, and his kids are adorable. You can really feel the love they have for each other. They were gracious hosts and I'd go back any day!

But something sparked my interest while I was sitting at the Vaughn's and talking to them about numerous subjects. Brother and Sister Vaughn's love for each other. And believe me, they are SO in love. You can tell by the way they joke around and the way he looks at her. I'm not sure why it was so sentimental to me, but it was. It got me excited for when I find my eternal companion and having that comfort of someone that will always love me; and for who I am. I'm not perfect whatsoever. (although I deceive people at tell them I am; they believe me) But their love made me almost... ugh, I thought I'd never say this...But it made me miss that person I will spend eternity with, even though I don't even know who he is. Maybe he's not even in Utah right now. Maybe he's at USU. Maybe he's someone I've known for a long time.. but nonetheless, I miss him.

Whoever he is, wherever he may be.. I'm excited to met you. And someday share that love I saw tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Kij,
    You are doing so good at blogging. I must say I'm slightly jealous that I don't have the motivation you do... It sounds like you had lots of fun tonight. I missed you guys... and I love you tons. I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete