Monday, September 26, 2011

totes awk.

Ok, listen up.
Remember how I really enjoy making situations awkward?
Mostly because I don't feel awkward in situations so I like to make them uncomfortable for others?
Well.. Last night changed everything. Seriously.

Utah State has a Tennis Club, where anyone can join and those who want to can compete. Most of the club consists of people who have played tennis on some sort of competitive level from High School, or USTA. I, in fact am apart of this so called Tennis Club but haven't been able to go to practice yet because of my messed up knee. (which is a whole different blog post) So after much thought I finally texted my friend Chris to see when I could pay my fee and pick up my shirt.
(The name Chris will play a big part later in the story)

Chris so kindly gives me Mike's number, the President of the Club. Over the past 3 days, Mike and I have been trying to have our schedules match up long enough for the exchange of check and shirt could take place.
Friday--failed
Saturday--double failed
Sunday--..brace yourself

Sunday rolls around and we exchange a couple texts back and forth seeing when the other person is free. Finally around 8:30 Sunday night Mike told me I could come over and pick up my shirt. So off I go! So excited to finally be able to get my shirt, cause who doesn't like new t-shirts? I mean really..

Getting to his house was quite the adventure. It was dark, I was lost and still in the process of figuring out how to use my iPhone, after much confusion and asking someone for help, I finally arrive at my destination...a little frazzled already.

*ding-dong*

wait...The door opens and It's Mike. (whom by the way I've never met before)
"Hey, are you Mike?"
"Yea! And how do you say your name again? K..Jer..."
"Ha, It's Kjarinda. It's tricky.."
"Oh well hi! Come in!"

...after some small talk...

"So how much do I owe you?"
"Well, you actually don't pay me.. You'll pay the landlord. So you might have to go figure that out tomorrow or what not. But here, I'll show you around the place!"

at this point i'm a little confused and starting to feel slightly awkward..

After he proceeds to show me around the place for the next 15 minutes or so, our conversation was on the end. But.. what makes this story so awkward is that I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I wasn't there to move in.. I was only there to pick up my tennis shirt.. So what did I do?.. I went along with it. Yes. I did.
I know, I know.. Pathetic, right? Yes. But it does make for a good story.

Needless to say.. I have no shirt.. still haven't paid my fee.. and I wasn't sure if I should even show up to practice on Wednesday considering this awkward situation that took place.


...to be continued with texts he sent me the next day, about moving in still...



1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahahahaahhahaha. ask him if you can have two shirts :)

    ReplyDelete