Friday, December 31, 2010

The Lord is good

Lately I've had a lot more time to engulf myself in my scriptures and other resources of The Church. And Ho-ly cow! I can't even remember the last time I felt this good, felt so much love, and so much peace. It's incredible.
Every day I have received an answer to my prayers, or a reassurance, or a simple reminder as to why I am where I am. It's nice to know Heavenly Father answers prayers in a way that benefits us the most.

President Ezra Taft Benson said: "Does the Lord promise and not fulfill? Surely if He tells us that these things will come to us if we lay hold upon His word, then the blessings can be ours. And if we do not, then the blessings may be lost. However diligent we may be in other areas, certain blessings are to be found only in the scriptures, only in coming to the word of the Lord and holding fast to it as we make our way through the mists of darkness to the tree of life."

may I repeat.."However diligent we may be in other areas, certain blessings are to be found only in the scriptures..."

I can testify of that. These past 6 months or so of my life I've learned to search my scriptures, and truly study them. Not just read. I have received so many blessings from them that I haven't fully noticed or acknowledged until now.

And what a great reminder as the New Year approaches and while we are setting new goals to achieve in these next months. I hope we all put this as a big priority in our life. I know the Lord will bless those who feast upon His words and internalize His teachings.

Remember: "The Lord is more concerned with what a man is than with what he was, and with where he is than with where he has been."
-Elder F. Burton Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment